Accordion mini album with a twist*
{*Book Binding }
I love long weekends!!!! .. In the past few weeks I had been into bookbinding....Since I took so many pictures of the "making of the mini album". I decided to make a mini-mini-mini tutorial...This is a fun mini album... I always love to make accordions cuz' they are so easy to do!! You can do this in less than 1 hour!!!!
I hope you enjoy it!
Materials used- Glue, Modge Podge, Scissors {for paper & for ribbon}, Paper, Paper Trimmer, 2- Chip Board 4x6', Paper Piercer, Scoring Blade, Embellishments, Bone Folder, Ribbon, Sand Paper, Brayer, Ink, Paper Punches { Circle, border}, Paint Brushes & Paint...

Before covering the back cover with the accordion , adhere the ribbon, then continue covering the chipboard.


To make the accordion- take a sheet of 12" x 12" d paper and cut it in half using your cutting tool or a craft knife . Each sheet will give you two 6"x12" segments { you can add as many pieces as you want to the accordion} . Score each piece at 4 inches and then fold the paper. Glue the pieces together so you have one long piece.
To cover the album (two 4x6 chipboards) I used 2- 5 x 7 printed paper, Modge Podge adhesive & brayer. Apply the adhesive to the chipboard & center the chipboard onto the paper. Flip the board over and trim off your corners. Apply adhesive to both of the tops.


Front & Back covers
Attach you accordion pieces to the chipboards.

Before covering the back cover with the accordion , adhere the ribbon, then continue covering the chipboard.
Now the fun part!!! A little bit of book binding.... To add mini books to the accordion, trim a piece of printed paper (PP) to 7 wide x 5 high. Fold in half. Using a paper piercer , punch 2 holes... Thread your needle, stitch by going through the inside the "PP" to the back of the chipboard. Tie off and trim excess.
Add pictures & embellish it!
The possibilities are endless!!!!
I PROMISE , I will post more pictures of the finish product, later this week.
If you complete the project, link it up (or send me an email) in the comments section. I will be sending a RAK to each person. You have until September 6, 2008 7pm {eastern time}

Labels: Tutorial













3 Comments:
Mariola...saludos, me encanto tu mini album!!
Hola Lola! Gracias por el rato q me dedicaste en el telefono aclarandome las instrucciones. Termine el mini album hace varios dias y me encanto trabajarlo. Aqui tienes unas cuantas fotos: http://dally-enmitiempolibre.blogspot.com/
gracias por tan buen tuto ya lo are con calmita , saludos desde venezuela
Post a Comment
<< Home